How To Make Visits with the Elderly Enjoyable
Simple opening questions:
- Tell me about yourself
- Where are you from?
- Look around the room to see if there are any photos and if so ask them to
- Tell you about them
- What hobbies do you/did you enjoy?
- What are your favorite books or movies?
- What is your family like, do you have brothers and sisters, tell me about them?
- What is/was your husband/wife like ?
- What legacy would you like to leave?
- What do you wish you knew at my age that you know now?
- What role does Judaism fill in your life?
- How did you celebrate the holidays growing up?
- (insert holiday) is coming up, how did you celebrate growing up ?
From Nancy Ludin, Executive Director of the Jewish Pavilion